Piftire Pizza will be World Cup games central June 14 – July 15, 2018.
Football/soccer is definitely the world’s sport. According a FIFA, “More than one billion fans tuned in to watch the final of the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil™, with the competition reaching a global in-home television audience of 3.2 billion people, according to final figures from FIFA and Kantar Media.”
It’s been a childhood staple for years. Ask anyone and they’ve probably played soccer. But it’s steadily growing in popularity as a professional sport, especially in Los Angeles.
Did you know L.A. has two soccer teams?
We have the L.A. Galaxy and now The Los Angeles Football Club!
So to help show our collective love of soccer, for the duration of the World Cup (June 14 – July 15), Pitfire Pizza will open early (doors open at 9:45AM) at all seven locations on game days to show World Cup games on their big screen TVs. Plus, they’ll have a special breakfast/brunch menu and happy hour with $5 beer and wine specials until 12pm.
Pitfire has created two new special breakfast pizzas. (Yes pizza is for breakfast.)
Bacon, Egg and Cheese Pizza | sunny eggs, mozzarella, aged cheddar, tomatillo salsa
Smoked Salmon Pizza | red onion, tomato, creme fraiche, chives
Here are a few of our favorite fun facts.
Check out the full list of “19 Awesome World Cup Facts You Probably Didn’t Know” from https://www.roadtrips.com/blog/world-cup-facts/.
• The first World Cup was played in 1930. Uruguay was both the tournament host and winner that year.
• 3.2 billion people (almost half of the world’s population) tuned in to watch the 2014 World Cup.
• The World Cup has been played 20 times, Brazil holds the most titles with five. Italy and Germany are close behind with four each.
• The World Cup trophy went missing for 7 days in 1966, when it was stolen just prior to the tournament.
• The Italians have had the most number of draws in World Cup history with 21.
• While 32 teams will qualify for the 2018 tournament, the number will jump to 48 in 2026.
And last but certainly not least…
• The World Cup winning country is rumored to see a baby boom nine months after the World Cup. In fact, Hyundai even created a commercial based on this fact.
Everyone’s a soccer fan during World Cup. So enjoy the games with some pals, pizza and maybe a Pinot at Pitfire!
**** For information on Los Angeles theatre, tickets to theatre in North Hollywood’s NoHo Arts District, theatre reviews, the NoHo Event Calendar, restaurants, news and local businesses in NoHo, or anything and everything about the NoHo Arts Community, bookmark nohoartsdistrict.com. Follow us on Twitter @OfficialNoHo. On Instagram @NoHoArtsDistrict and Facebook @NoHoArtsDistrict.