Congratulations are in order because 68CentCrew and Theatre 68 have finally moved to their new, permanent home and will celebrate on September 17 with a fundraising, red carpet, black-tie gala!
Artistic Director Ronnie Marmo is proud to announce that Theatre 68 has officially moved into their permanent home by taking over Antaeus/Deaf West space. They have completed the first stage of renovations, including building a second theatre. a single master lobby with a beautiful art deco theme, state of the art sound and lighting, and a re-installation of the overhead Deaf West style marquee.
Theatre 68 has so much to offer, not just to their members, but also to the local community and beyond. Theatre 68 is committed to exposing their members to all aspects of the entertainment world. Through productions, Theatre 68 members not only get to act, but they also get opportunities to work on their writing, directing and producing. Members enjoy two writing assignments every year where they write a one-act play that is ultimately produced. Many who had never written before have gone on to be prolific and successful writers! We participate in monologue jams, directing workshops, and have a weekly “gym” where everybody gets to work on improv, cold reading, audition techniques and prepared scenes, and they receive constructive feedback from their peers. In this new space, with two theatres and a rehearsal space, they will have even more opportunities!
In addition, the new space is set to have a Play/Book Store where the community can come to purchase plays, and a trained employee will be on site to help.
For the grand opening, Theatre 68 is rolling out the red carpet! The Opening Gala will be a Black-tie event filled with music, celebrity guests, both live and silent auctions. All proceeds from this event will fund the last leg of Theatre 68’s “Build a New Home” fundraising campaign, a venture that we hope will heighten and invigorate the surrounding NoHo Arts District community.
Red Carpet celebrities include:
· Joe Mantegna – Actor, Producer, Director – best known for Criminal Minds and over 200 films
· Jeremy Luke – Series “Mob City”
· Brian Austin Green – best known for BH 90210, Resurrection Blvd., Anger Management
· Mel Rodriguez – Emmy nominated, known for Little Miss Sunshine, Getting On
· General Hospital Cast Including: Carolyn Hennesy, Lisa LoCicero
· Many more to be announced…
Some of the Silent Auction items include:
· Two Lakers Basketball tickets
· Produce your Play – $10,000 Value (up to 6-week run)
· Two LA Kings Hockey tickets
· A Case of Reilly’s Ginger Whiskey
· Two LA Rams Football tickets vs. Miami
· A Speaking role in an upcoming film (no less than 2-lines of dialogue)
· Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows, 2 Days/One night Luxury Hotel Stay (Ocean Front) – Santa Monica
· 2-year Season Theatre Pass – Over $500 Value
(NOTE: All game tickets are from Season Pass Holders – Excellent Seats!)
Red Carpet Event: September 17, 2016
Red Carpet & Press will begin at 6:00PM
Cocktails and Hors d’oeuvres will begin at 7pm.
5112 Lankershim Blvd.
NoHo Arts District
Event Ticket Price: $150.00
For the NEXT 7 days you can get a $25 OFF discount by using code 225!
www.Theatre68.com or (323) 960-5068
This will be an evening for the entire theatre-loving community, filled with Jazz, festive food, family and fun.
**** For information on Los Angeles theatre, tickets to theatre in North Hollywood’s NoHo Arts District, theatre reviews, the NoHo Event Calendar, restaurants, news and local businesses in NoHo, or anything and everything about the NoHo Arts Community, bookmark nohoartsdistrict.com. Follow us on Twitter @OfficialNoHo. On Instagram @NoHoArtsDistrict and Facebook @NoHoArtsDistrict.