Attention North Hollywood businesses, look to see if you qualify for the City of Los Angeles Small Business Rental Assistance Program.
Applications open Monday, July 11 for round two of the City of Los Angeles Small Business Rental Assistance Program. Grants up to $15,000 or six months of back rent, whichever is less, are available to eligible businesses located in the City that need financial assistance to aid in their recovery from COVID-19. The grant may be used for payments in arrears incurred on or after March 1, 2020 through May 1, 2022.
Businesses must be for-profit and established by March 1, 2022 in a commercial location in the City of Los Angeles. Applications are due July 20, 2022.
For more information, visit: bit.ly/lasmallbizgrant
Grant Eligibility Requirements
Businesses must demonstrate the need for financial support due to the impact of COVID-19 and meet the following criteria:
- Must be a for-profit business and located within Los Angeles city limits.
- Must have a commercial location.(Ineligible: Residential location/P.O. Box/Mail Box)
- Must provide lease agreements.
- Must have an active BRTC with the City’s Office of Finance.
- Provide proof confirming that back rent is owed.
- Provide their landlord’s contact information.
- On a case-by-case basis, other documentation may be needed to establish eligibility.
- Businesses not selected for Round 1 are ineligible to apply for round two.
Need help with the application?
EWDD’s BusinessSource Centers are available to assist with the application process. Visit bit.ly/LABusinessSource to find your local BusinessSource Center.
***Applications for round one of the Small Business Rental Assistance Program closed on May 2, 2022. Eligible businesses were contacted and moved forward in the selection process. Businesses that applied in round one and were not selected are ineligible to apply for round two.
We understand that these are challenging times. Please contact a local BusinessSource Center for guidance on additional COVID-19 financial recovery resources.