[NoHo Arts District, CA] – Are you an early career dancer interested in building a sustainable career? Do you feel overwhelmed by the Los Angeles dance world? Are you curious about the myriad of career pathways, but feel like you don’t have enough information to take action in YOUR life? Are you looking for TOOLS and ACTION ITEMS to advance your career? Then check out JUMPSTART/LA.
From technique and repertory classes to seminars, career counseling, and informal conversations with leaders in the field, the five days you spend at JUMPSTART/LA are an investment in yourself and your career.
- Participate in movement classes, interactive seminars, and Q+As from professional artists working in the field
- Gain insight into the many avenues and job opportunities available to movement artists in L.A. (key institutions, organizations, resource hubs, entrepreneurial and employment opportunities)
- Receive 1-on-1 mentorship to help guide you toward your career goals from the JSLA Producing team and experienced professionals
- Develop a roadmap of how to find and/or create freelance opportunities within nonprofit, concert, and commercial sectors
- AND leave with a new headshot or movement image, a digital resource folder of more info about the L.A. ecosystem, new friends, and more!
The program is built for dancers (ages 19+) who are pursuing careers as professional performers. Rising juniors, rising seniors, and those who are 1-3 years out of undergrad are ideal candidates for this program. If you’re not sure if it’s a fit for you, email us!
“JUMPSTART/LA gives you so much information that I was never told in my 11 years of dancing. It made me feel safe and excited about pursuing dance instead of dreadful. It also fostered such a great community between the students and the faculty that made me feel like I already have a network going into the “real” world.” — Emily, JSLA Summer 2022 Attendee
July 31 – August 4, 2023
Loyola Marymount University Dr, Westchester, CA 90045