Don’t be a victim of holiday crime, NoHo!
The end of November had a large decrease in crime. Fifty-one crimes were reported compared to the previous month of 74 crimes. The crime cluster still appears to be along the Lankershim Blvd. corridor between Oxnard St. and Magnolia Blvd.
This time of year increases a lot of thefts related to the holiday season. We want an increased awareness when leaving items inside a vehicle after shopping as well as mail order items that are delivered to your doorstep.
It is not uncommon for criminals to follow delivery trucks such as a UPS truck and watch to see the locations where newly purchased items are being dropped off. As the delivery truck leaves a location, suspects go to the doorstep and remove the property. Most times, the homeowner is completely unaware the package was even delivered.
To deter this type of criminal activity, we suggest the following:
• Request a signature confirmation of delivery. By doing this, the deliverer will have to wait until you’re available or deliver the package to a neighbor.
• If possible, have your packages delivered to you at work.
• Track packages online to see exactly when they’re sent to your house for delivery. If you’re out of town at the time, phone a neighbor to pick up the package for you.
• Leave special instructions for where to deliver the packages. A good place is on the side or back of the house, so that the package is out of site from the road.
• Do not leave outgoing mail in your unlocked mailbox
• Utilize a temporary post office box location for security purposes
Any questions or concerns should be addressed to Officer Catalano at firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Lead Officer
Los Angeles Police Department
North Hollywood Area
**** For information on Los Angeles theatre, tickets to theatre in North Hollywood’s NoHo Arts District, theatre reviews, the NoHo Event Calendar, restaurants, news and local businesses in NoHo, or anything and everything about the NoHo Arts Community, bookmark nohoartsdistrict.com.