The NoHo Arts District is a performing arts district. With 20 theatres in one square mile, NoHo has the highest concentration of theatres outside of New York City. So if you’re an actor, director, producer, set builder, sound designer, playwright, etc., there’s always something interesting to work on.
The Group Rep at the Lonny Chapman Theatre is accepting submissions for their third annual festival of NINE WINNING ONE-ACTS June 8 through July 14, 2019, Saturdays at 2 pm and Sundays at 7 pm, for a total of 12 performances. The NINE WINNING ONE-ACTS will be Upstairs at the Group Rep, an intimate 38 seat theatre on the second floor of the Lonny Chapman Theatre at 10900 Burbank Boulevard, North Hollywood, California.
To submit your play, please read the following guidelines before submitting:
1. Original world-premieres only. No adaptations or previously published pieces will be accepted.
2. One-acts should not exceed 10 minutes in length, no exceptions.
3. Minimal sets, costumes and props are required.
4. Up to two scripts per playwright will be accepted.
5. Submissions must be in pdf format only.
6. A $5 non-refundable fee is required for each play submitted.
7. If selected, a royalty of 6% of net box-office receipts will be divided among the playwrights.
8. Plays must include a cover sheet with title of play, name of playwright, contact information (phone number, email, city, state), and a brief description of the play, including characters, setting and running time.
Any themes and genres (excluding musicals and monologues) are accepted.
Submission Deadline: March 10, 2019.
Submission and payment instructions:
Questions about NINE WINNING ONE-ACT?
Contact the producers: OneActPlays@theGroupRep.com No phone calls, please.
For information about the Group Rep please visit www.thegrouprep.com
**** For information on Los Angeles theatre, tickets to theatre in North Hollywood’s NoHo Arts District, theatre reviews, the NoHo Event Calendar, restaurants, news and local businesses in NoHo, or anything and everything about the NoHo Arts Community, bookmark nohoartsdistrict.com. Follow us on Twitter @OfficialNoHo. On Instagram @NoHoArtsDistrict and Facebook @NoHoArtsDistrict.