Created in 2016, the Fringe Scholarships Program exists to expand and diversify the pool of artists producing work at the Hollywood Fringe Festival. Applications due Monday, February 14, 2022 at 11:59pm!
The inaugural program offered free registrations to five Hollywood Fringe productions, and has since expanded to include free registration and a $550 stipend towards production costs.
This year the Fringe Scholarships Program will, once again, award 15 shows! Their 2020 winners will also roll over their award to this year, making space for a very full and supportive HFF scholarship cohort.
To accommodate the changes the festival is facing due to COVID-19, the following requirements have been added to their program this year.
- Fringe Scholarships are available to first-time Hollywood Fringe producers who contribute to the ethnic, cultural, racial, disability, D/deaf, and the LGBTQ+ diversity of the Fringe community.
Applicants (and their production crew/actors) must reside in Southern California.
All scholarship recipients must produce at least three (3) live performances from a venue in the Hollywood Fringe zone during the Festival
– Free registration for one Hollywood Fringe production ($300 value)
– A $550 stipend towards venue and production costs
– A Fringe mentor—an experienced Hollywood Fringe participant who can help guide you through the Fringe process, attend events with you and more
– Marketing and networking opportunities as a member of the Fringe community