Summer is just about here and if you are going to be strapless and/or wearing tank tops, it’s important that your upper back looks defined, chiseled, and toned. The last thing you need is your upper back looking like there’s a hiney attached to it!
Prone Retractions with Dumbells
1. Start by lying face down on a flat bench. Holding light dumbels out to your side.
2. Slowly lower the dumbells only a few inches down below parallel and then retract your shoulder blades and lift the dumbells up to parallel or slightly above.
3. Your hands can be in a thumbs up position or thumbs forward position.
4. This is a slow and controlled movement with the focus on squeezing your shoulder blades together. Do 3 sets of 15 repetitions.
Bentover Band Row
1. Start by standing on the band with both feet and grabbing each end with your hands.
2. Bend forward to about a 45 degree angle keeping your back flat.
3. Row the bands up towards your waist and let your elbows point towards the ceiling.
4. Return to the starting position and repeat. Do 3 sets of 20 repetitions.
1. On a cable machine, start by grabbing a rope handle and stand back enough so your arms are outstretched.
2. Proceed to pull the rope handle to your neck and face level. Spread your hands when you reach your face to get a little further range of motion and to squeeze your shoulder blades together.
3. Return to the starting position and repeat for the desired repetitions. Do 3 sets of 20 repetitions.
Also remember to get your daily cardio for at least 30 minutes to help burn off the fat, and scale back on the refined carbohydrates and sugars this summer. Keep things clean and lean on the food and beverage….no “butts” about it!
New paperback books “Tight, Tone, and Trim” and “Cut, Cool, and Confident”
available at https://www.amazon.com/author/jackwitt