Baked cheesy chicken and rice may be the main dish you are looking for to delight your loved ones. Indeed, it is a mouthwatering recipe, so much so that you only need to try it to repeat it over and over again.
It is a perfect dish for a family gathering. It is simple to prepare and can be easily adapted to your family’s tastes. As known, chicken is one of the most consumed products in the world and cooking it is not complex at all, but making it with rice and making it perfect is a bit tricky. But in this post we will show you how. Let’s see how to prepare it.
For this recipe you will need:
- 10 oz (300 g) of chicken filet.
- 5 oz (150 g) of previously boiled rice.
- 8.5 oz (250 g) of white yogurt (or sour cream).
- 3.5 oz (100 g) of grated hard cheese (such as scamorza cheese).
- 4 fl oz (120 ml) of water.
- Enough paprika.
- Enough pepper.
- Enough salt.
The preparation of this succulent dish takes a few steps. So let’s start cooking:
- Cut the chicken filets in dice, place them in a bowl.
- Add the rice, stir with a spatula and transfer to a rectangular glass baking dish.
- Put the yogurt in a small bowl.
- Add the water, paprika, salt and pepper, and mix well with a whisk.
- Once this is done, pour the yogurt sauce obtained over the chicken and rice.
- Mix well with a spatula to season everything evenly and cover with aluminum foil.
- Finally, bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes at a temperature of 200°C.
- When done, remove the foil, sprinkle with grated cheese and let stand for another 10-15 minutes until a golden crust forms.
This recipe requires a total time of about 50 minutes, adding up the preparation time of 20 minutes and the cooking time of 30-35 minutes.
Whether you’re looking for an easy weeknight dish or a hearty meal for an occasion, everyone will sure love this dish.
You can also enjoy a recipe with the same seasoning at the following link https://minuterice.com/recipes/cheesy-chicken-and-rice/. There you have the opportunity to cook a classic recipe of cheesy chicken and rice. It is a simple meal to prepare for a delightful lunch, dinner or for any special occasion.
This recipe takes full advantage of the flavor and nutrients provided not only by the chicken, but also by the broccoli, which is one of its main ingredients.
- The key to any good preparation is to choose the best ingredients.
- If you prepare the recipe with chicken breast, it will be perfect, because there are no bones in that piece. However, it is always said that it is the driest part of the chicken, so you must be careful when cooking.
- If you prefer the chicken to be juicier, you can sear the whole breast in a hot frying pan. Then, add it at the end of the rice cooking and chop it just to serve.
- Washing the rice when preparing a good rice and chicken dish is absolutely necessary as this will eliminate any excess starch that the rice may have.
- The chicken in this preparation should be chopped in small pieces. This way the ingredients will cook more evenly.
Below you’ll find some of the benefits of consuming chicken meat:
Chicken is a low-fat, low-calorie meat with high protein levels and a high content of nutrients and vitamins.
The proteins from the chicken are required in greater quantities by the human body, especially in children, teenagers, pregnant women and nursing mothers, as well as in people who practice sports.
It is easy to digest and is well tolerated by those who suffer from digestive disorders as its connective tissue is easier to disintegrate.
Chicken is rich in phosphorus, an essential mineral that nourishes teeth and bones, as well as kidneys and liver.
There is a predominance of healthy fats. These are the unsaturated fats that help protect heart health. Among them is linoleic acid, a type of essential fat that is not created by the body, so it must be incorporated through foods that contain it.
It helps in the fight against bone loss thanks to the injection of proteins it provides to the organism.
Chicken is high in retinol, alpha- and beta-carotene, lycopene and all the vitamin A derivatives essential to proper eye health.
It keeps blood vessels healthy, energy levels high, and the metabolism burns calories so you can manage a healthy weight and activity level.