Did you know? NoHo is a theatre district.
We have 20 live, professional theatres in our small but thriving arts district. So when there is any event that promotes theatre in North Hollywood and in Los Angeles, we are supporters. On May 6, join LA Stage Alliance for the annual LA STAGE Day 2017. LA STAGE Day a collaborative convening for the performing arts community. This day-long event at Cal State L.A. brings together artists, designers, arts leaders, administrators, students, vendors, and patrons to learn from each other and inspire one another. The schedule will also feature panels, auditions, an outdoor bazaar for local theatre and dance companies, along with arts service organizations and vendors to the performing arts. And food trucks!
Saturday, May 6, 2017
10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Cal State L.A.
Department of Music, Theatre & Dance
5151 State University Dr.
Los Angeles, CA 90032
This year’s convening will respond directly to the political and social climate that has shifted so dramatically this year, including a keynote address on how the relevance and purpose of the performing arts may have changed.
There will be…
• Panels The day’s events will respond directly to the political and social climate that has shifted so dramatically this year, including a keynote address on how the relevance and purpose of the performing arts may have changed. There will also be opportunities for arts educators and tech nerds to convene.
Currently scheduled sessions include:
Injustice, and the Arts
What Auditioners Are Really Looking For
Art in Action & Action in Art
Remember The Kids: Arts Education
Talk Tech With Tim: Discussing Nonprofits & Technology
So You’re Committed To Diversity; Now What?
LA STAGE Day is an incredible way to meet the Los Angeles creative community, and to celebrate the vitality of the performing arts. We hope to see you there.
• Bazaar Get to know the art-makers and art supporters at the bazaar, which will be filled with informational tables of many theater and dance companies, along with service organizations and vendors from around the Greater LA region. (FREE to attend)
• Open Auditions New this year! We are hosting open auditions — an opportunity for actors to be seen in front of multiple theatre companies and casting directors from all around Los Angeles. This is an excellent way to introduce yourself to the theatre community.
• Food Trucks Along with the on-campus food offerings, including Starbucks, El Pollo Loco, yadda yadda… we are bringing in food trucks to increase the yum factor.
Who should attend?
• Performing artists, art-makers & supporters who want to connect with others sharing similar interests
• Students (age 18+) interested in working in the performing arts
• Those who wonder if there is a robust performing arts scene in Los Angeles
• Concerned citizens that want to use their artistry in some way to give a voice to their concerns
• Those who want to know how to get involved with performing arts organizations in Los Angeles from the people working there
• Anyone who wants to feel energized and inspired by a gathering of art-makers
If you are still reading, we’ll see you on May 6! Did we mention yet that there will be food trucks?
Want to help?
We will also have volunteer opportunities. If you are interested, please email email@example.com.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
**** For information on Los Angeles theatre, tickets to theatre in North Hollywood's NoHo Arts District, theatre reviews, the NoHo Event Calendar, restaurants, news and local businesses in NoHo, or anything and everything about the NoHo Arts Community, bookmark nohoartsdistrict.com. Follow us on Twitter @OfficialNoHo. On Instagram @NoHoArtsDistrict and Facebook @NoHoArtsDistrict.