Lit Crawl L.A. is Greater Los Angeles’s second largest literary festival and a free-to-the-public citywide event. The official Los Angeles affiliate of the Litquake Foundation’s international Lit Crawl series, the 4th annual Lit Crawl L.A. returns to the NoHo Arts District on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 from 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. By partnering with a variety of area organizations, Lit Crawl L.A. bolsters Greater Los Angeles’ literary scene and captures the Southland’s unique flavor — all while getting book lovers and revelers alike drunk on words. For Free! Restaurants, tattoo parlors, bars, galleries and other hip NoHo venues will host innovative presentations showcasing the best of L.A.’s literary scene from throughout Los Angeles County. 2016's Lit Crawl L.A is Greater Los Angeles’ premiere grassroots literary event and 2016 promises to be another magical, vibrant night for all!
Lit Crawl L.A. is now accepting submissions for the October 26, 2016 crawl in the NoHo Arts District. Calling all Southland literary organizations, writing collectives, reading series, publications and literary groups formal and informal to jump into this fun, loud, guerrilla-style annual street event. Visit our Become A Presenter page for this year’s guidelines and application. Don’t delay – the deadline is April 18, 2016!
Lit Crawl L.A. only accepts submissions from literary organizations, writing groups, reading series and publications.
• Are your writers free on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 from 6:00-10:00?
• Is your organization local or in some way connected to Los Angeles?
• Can your organization curate at least four writers/literary performers who will engage a live, rowdy audience of literary lovers?
• Is your organization and the writers in your presentation ready to jump into a fun, loud,
• Does your organization represent the diverse and vibrant energy of the Los Angeles literary scene?
• If you’ve presented at Lit Crawl L.A. in years 1-3, can your organization present something fresh and different this year?
• Is your organization ready to jump into a fun, loud, guerilla-style street event?
• Lit Crawl L.A. presenters slots are limited to 45 minutes of presentation.
• Lit Crawl L.A. presentations are on the short side (6-8 minutes per author).
• Lit Crawl L.A. is unable to feature individual writers, book sales and signings.
• All writers’ photos and bios will be listed in our online schedule.
• Presenting organizations must promote Lit Crawl L.A. to their mailing list and social media groups, with clear identification of Lit Crawl L.A. as the event.
• All submissions will receive an automatic reply, as well as another response by the end of May.
**** For information on Los Angeles theatre, tickets to theatre in North Hollywood's NoHo Arts District, theatre reviews, the NoHo Event Calendar, restaurants, news and local businesses in NoHo, or anything and everything about the NoHo Arts Community, bookmark nohoartsdistrict.com. Follow us on Twitter @OfficialNoHo.