So unless you’re perfect, do not expect perfection in the man or woman you’re about to meet , date or fall in love with.
Here are some things that you should remember when you’re seriously looking for The One:
- Don’t fixate on a ‘ type ‘ that works for you because let’s face it, if you’re still single, your type is not working for you.
- Leave your check list at home. When you meet The One, you will FEEL something. That something will feel good. You will be thrilled that you found that long-awaited connection and know that you will handle the imperfections or decide what you can tolerate.
- Simplify. Don’t get consumed by the imperfect moments on a first date. It’s rarely indicative of the real person. Oftentimes, people send their “representative” (aka the image they want to project) instead of their true selves. Don’t hem and haw about the “little things” that weren’t perfect. At the end of the date, just ask yourself one thing: “Overall did I have a good time with this person?” If you did, see them again. It’s really that simple.
- Real perfection is finding someone who challenges you to think differently, see another perspective and makes you become a better person. How boring would it be to have someone just agree with you all the time without having their own opinions?
- Differentiate yourself. Embrace what makes you unique. Don’t wait to bring your fun or goofy side out. Or sweet, nurturing side. Or quirkiness. Stand out. Being genuine is so underrated these days that it’s disarming, charming and will leave an impact.
Oscar Wilde said it best: “Be yourself; everyone else is taken.”