With the holidays fast approaching, many of us are still running around trying to figure out how to decorate our space and plan the dinner menu.
I know I just want to create a pleasant and festive atmosphere for my family and friends to enjoy. Let’s come up with a few ideas to do just that.
- Create a buffet area full of nuts, candies, etc. for pre-meal snacks. Arrange items in glass canisters, or even in a festive martini glass for fun. Or try using a lantern filled with pinecones, acorns, or even chestnuts for something a little different in your tablescape.
- Create seating placement cards in the shape of pumpkin pie slices. Use card stock and markers to make something fun and unusual.
- Add candlesticks in varying heights and sizes for your dinner table. Top them with small white pumpkins and ivory candles to help set the holiday spirit. Add a festive runner under them for an even more holiday cheer.
- I will always display at least one holiday wreath. Either at the door or on a table with a candle in the center. I might suggest using an electric candle for this one.
- And lastly, you may just want to opt for the traditional floral centerpiece. Chose one with vibrant fall colors to bring in the outdoors.
Whatever you decide to decorate with, always remember to have fun with it.