I’ll share with you my top 5 designs tips I use.
1. I change accessory pillows. Adding something with a deep golden or even pumpkin color adds to the fall feeling. I might change a throw to a muted green for the chair or even a deep orange.
2. Adding a door wreath of autumnal colors is a simple and easy way to welcome guests or to just welcome in the season for yourself. I might even go as far as changing out the welcome mat to something festive.
3. Candles are always a fun and inexpensive addition. By placing a few colorful and scented candles around you can create that just baked feeling in your space. Who doesn’t like the scent of freshly baked pumpkin pie?
4. Changing out a few towels in the guest bath or kitchen is another inexpensive way to get into the season along with a few accent rugs.
5. Lastly, I have a really cool wooden pumpkin. It comes out for the whole season and sits atop my armoire in the living room.
These are just a few decorating ideas for the fall season. Use your imagination to come up with some of your own creations and let me know how they work out.
Remember, fall is full of beautifully rich and vibrant colors, so no need to limit yourself to the few I mentioned.