1. Seated Calf Raises. Start by lifting your heels up off the ground while keeping your toes firmly planted on the floor. You can go all the way up and feel your calf muscle flexing. Do this for 20 repetitions at a 2 seconds up, 2 seconds down pace.
2. Seated Abductors and Adductors. Place your hands on the outside of your knees first. Create some resistance with your arms while moving/flexing your outer hips away from the midline of your body. (This also works your shoulder muscles that are providing the resistance) Do a nice slow set of 10 reps. Next, place the palm of your hands on the inside of your knees. Create some resistance with those arms while flexing your inner thighs and bringing your legs toward the midline of your body. (This also works your shoulders and some triceps too.)
3. Seated Shoulder Shrugs. Elevate your shoulders up and down (using your trapezius muscles) for 15 reps. Nice and slow on these. Change it up and do circular shrug motions as well.
4. Seated Glutes. Flex your gluteus muscles by squeezing your butt cheeks together and holding for a few seconds and releasing. A set of 10..."no buts about it!"
5. Seated Bicep Curls. With your arms resting on the arm rest, rotate one of your wrists so your palm is facing up. With the other hand, reach across your body and grasp the rotated wrist. Now lift the rotated forearm up towards your chin while creating resisting with the other arm. This flexes your bicep muscle. 10 repetitions.
Remember to stay hydrated on flights and limit your alcohol intake. Relax, and try to just go with the flow. You'll feel much better when you arrive at your destination. Happy Journeys!