Do these exercises at least 3 times a week to firm and tone that area up and thump those rump lumps!
Cable Chest Fly (Downward)
1. Start by grabbing a high positioned cable in each hand with your arms extended out and above shoulder level. If you don't have access to a gym with a cable machine, use a Fit Band secured at shoulder level.
2. Keeping your arms straight bring your arms down and in towards the center of your midsection.
3. You are trying to primarily use your chest muscles to bring your arms together.
4. Return to the starting position, arms extended, and repeat for 20 total repetitions, for 3 sets.
Alternating Dumbbell Front Raise
1. Stand with feet shoulder width apart or sit on bench in an upright position.
2. Starting position: Grasp the Dumbbells with an overhand grip (palms down). Arms should hang down to the front with elbows slightly bent.
3. Raise the Dumbbells to the front of your body at about shoulder height, keeping your elbows only slightly bent.
4. Return to the start position and repeat with the other arm. Do 3 sets of 20 repetitions, each arm.
( Remember to keep your back and your head straight in a neutral position - hyperextension or flexion may cause injury. Keep your shoulders stabilized by squeezing your shoulder blades together throughout the movement. )
Bicep Curl with Fit Band
1. Stand with your feet shoulder width apart, knees slightly bent, and at a staggered stance.
2. Step onto the middle of the tubing with back foot or both feet.
3. Start position: Grasp the handles with an underhand grip (palms facing forward) with your arms hanging down at your sides. Elbows should be close to your sides.
4. Flex at the elbows and curl handles up to approximately shoulder level. Keep your elbows close to your sides throughout the movement.
5. Return to the starting position. Repeat for 3 sets of 20 repetitions.
6. Remember to keep your back and your head straight and in a neutral position throughout the movement. Your shoulders should be stabilized by squeezing your shoulder blades together slightly - only the elbow joint should be moving.
As always, remember to also do cardio at least three times a week, eat a diet low in processed and refined sugars, and get plenty of fruits and vegetables, whole grains, and lean proteins. And especially since it's summer, drink plenty of water throughout the day to flush that fat away.
Jack Witt, MS, CPT
Fitness and Health Coach
"Get Fit with Witt"
Individuals / Groups / Corporate
310.562.5629 Cell / 818.760.3891 Main
New paperback books "Tight, Tone, and Trim" and "Cut, Cool, and Confident"
available at https://www.amazon.com/author/jackwitt